Wednesday, October 4, 2017

We are all so different, but our purpose is the same





We all want to know what's the purpose of our lives. We will all be called to different things, one person might be called to help others as a nurse and another person might be called to be a pastor etc. But one thing we all have in common, God calls every single person who has been saved to tell others about Him. When I first realized that the Bible clearly teaches that every Christian's responsibility is to tell others about God I thought to myself: "Noooo, I don't want to do that!"

There is no quicker way to become very unpopular than to start telling others about Jesus. God loves every single person on this Earth and he wants every person on this Earth to know and experience his love. That's great news, but the only problem is that people do not want to hear about it. Talking about God is a quick way to commit social suicide.

So, for the first few years after I had become a Christian I didn't talk much about my faith with anyone. I didn't want to mention God to others out of fear of being viewed as weird. But as the years went by I got to experience more and more of God's love, kindness, peace, joy, blessing and favor in my life and it became impossible to stay silent. I slowly realized that if I would continue to be silent about God it would be the most selfish thing I could do in this life.

I never knew God as a child and today I do, how could I keep that incredible gift a secret? If I won 50 million dollars in the lottery and didn't share any of that money with others I would be very selfish. Knowing God is like winning 50 billion dollars in the lottery, how could I not share that great gift with others? But this doesn't change the fact that it's difficult to be a Christian, people will think you are crazy, weird and stupid for having faith in God, there is no getting around that fact. But the more I experience God's great love for me the more evident it becomes that I can not care about what other people think of me.

One day, maybe in about 60 years from now (or sooner), my life will be over and I will meet God. On that day, I want to be able to tell God this: "I did everything I could to let others know how much you love them. I didn't shy away from telling them about how much you long to have a close and personal relationship with each one of them. I didn't waste my life on living for myself, for my own pleasure and comfort." That's my story. That's why I started to write this blog about God a few years ago. Sujo John has his own story, but his story is much more dramatic than mine.


Sujo John's Story:

Newly arrived in America from their home in Calcutta, India, Sujo John and his wife Mary found work in 2001 with offices in New York's, World Trade Center-Sujo on the 81st floor in the North Tower, Mary on the 71st floor of the South Tower. By September of that year they had settled into a good life and by then were expecting their first child. Yet Sujo was not content. He wanted to know that he was being used for a purpose, not just chasing success. When terrorists hijacked planes and rammed them into the World Trade Center towers on 9/11/2001, his life story was altered.


No comments:

Post a Comment