Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Canada Day



On Friday night I got all dressed up for another birthday party in the family.


Saturday was Canada Day and not just any Canada Day, it was Canada's 150th birthday!


We celebrated Canada's birthday by hanging out by the Harbourfront center in Toronto.


The giant rubber duckie was one of the most popular sights during Canada Day.


My Canada Day outfit. I should probably have worn something red and white for Canada Day, but I don't own a single piece of red clothing. Bright red is not my favorite color, but next summer I want to buy a red dress so that I can dress for the occasion on Canada Day.


I celebrated Canada Day with a slice of Saskatoon berry pie, but my favorite part of the day was the fireworks. The fireworks by the CN Tower was the most beautiful fireworks I have ever seen in my life! Well done Toronto!


On Sunday we took our first trip to Wasaga Beach this summer. I went swimming a couple of times and the water at Wasaga Beach was about 20 times warmer than in Cobourg. The water is always colder in Lake Ontario than it is in Lake Huron for some reason.


It isn't properly summer before you visit Wasaga Beach every year!


Sand in my flip-flops = a sign of summer!



I treated myself to a beavertail at Wasaga Beach. I had the Avalanche with cheesecake icing and Skor candy, it tasted amazing! I'm very grateful for how the weekend turned out, they had promised a lot of rain but in the end we only got a couple of hours of rain in total. It's July, my favorite month of the year, so I better appreciate every minute of it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment