Friday, May 5, 2017

What's going to happen when I die?




Atheist and scientist Richard Dawkins was asked what he thinks will happen after he dies and this was his answer:
“What’s going to happen when I die, if I met God in the unlikely event after I died, I think the first thing I would say is well, which one are you? Are you Zeus? Are you Thor? Are you Baal? Are you Mithras?  Are you Yahweh? Which God are you? And why did you take such great pains to conceal yourself and to hide away from us?”

I think Richard Dawkins has a great point. If God is real then why does he not reveal himself? It can seem like there are so many different options out there so how can I know which one is God? When we look at all the different world religions today nobody except Jesus is claiming to be God. Buddha is not believed to be God but considered a great teacher. Mohammad is accepted as a prophet. Christians believe in Yahweh and that he did reveal himself to us by taking on human flesh in Jesus. None of the leaders of the newer world religions claim to be God, except for Jesus. The older types of religions like the Egyptian gods, the Greek gods and Baal on the other hand, they were all believed to be gods.





I have to say that I’m glad that Baal is not the one true God because his followers used to sacrifice their own babies in the fire. Followers of Baal also used to slash themselves with swords for Baal to answer their prayers. I’m thankful that Baal is not God. At the same time the Christian faith does not dispute that Baal or the Egyptian gods had real power. Today we shake our heads at our ancestors who believed in the Greek gods or Baal but Christians know that there are real spiritual powers behind these false gods, and it’s not recommended that you get involved with these spirits. There is only one true God, Yahweh, but there are many different spirits and demons in the universe. The Bible warns people to stay away from magic arts or from taking part in false religions. There are real consequences to getting involved with these spirits and demons, some people have become very sick from being involved with these spirits. People in other parts of the world aren’t as stupid as we like to think that they are. If there was no power at all behind these false religions do you really think that they would keep practicing their religion century after century? People in the West tend to underestimate the powers in the spiritual realm.





Let’s go back to Richard Dawkins question. If God is real then why has he not reveled himself to us humans? This is what we know: so far in history neither Zeus, Thor, Baal or any other god has proven themselves to be real. Yahweh revealed himself in Jesus. He came down, walked on Earth for about 33 years, was killed and raised from the dead. The God of the Bible is reveled to us as being three in one: God the Father, The Son of God and the Spirit of God. Today each believer who comes to faith in God receives the Spirit of God in the exact moment when he/she believes. When we believe in the one true God the Holy Spirit comes to live within us. God is not hiding from us. God reveals himself to anyone who wants him. It’s up to each one of us to open the door to our own heart when God comes knocking on it. God will not force himself upon us, he knocks on the door of our hearts and if we choose to let him in we can develop a personal relationship with him.





We have been given free will by God and therefore it’s possible to live your whole life without knowing God. God has given us that option. I can choose to close God out of my life or to let him into my heart. I have the power to choose. This one choice will be the most important choice I will make throughout my whole life: will I accept God or reject God when he knocks on the door of my heart? 

"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." GOD's Decree."
Jeremiah 29:13 (The Message)



No comments:

Post a Comment