Monday, March 13, 2017

5 Years Of Marriage



On Sunday my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's already five years ago since we eloped to Jamaica and got married!


The pictures from our wedding are becoming more precious to me every year, looking at them takes me back to that special day. I remember how nervous I was, how surreal the whole experience felt and how happy I was that I had met the love of my life and that soon I would get to call him "my husband".


On Sunday we celebrated our anniversary with a cake of the same flavor as our wedding cake, chocolate cake with coconut filling.


I got my husband a card and the perfect anniversary gift, something I know he will use a lot!


My husband got me this card plus a gift card to Sport Chek, he definitely knows me by now. :)


What's inside that bag?



Yep, I got him a stylish coffee cup from Indigo. Both my husband and I are quite obsessed with coffee and tea so I'm pretty sure he will use his gift. We exchanged gifts and ate some cake during the day and in the evening we celebrated with a date night at the Keg. Our tradition is to ask each other a few questions about our life together during our anniversary dinner. My husband's questions were: "Where do you see us five years from now? What would you like to change and what part of our life together would you like to keep the same?" I asked: "What's one thing that became different than you expected in our marriage?" and "What's one thing that became just as you had hoped in our marriage?" Our questions led to some really interesting discussions and we set some new goals for the future that I'm excited to pursue together during the next five years.


No comments:

Post a Comment