Wednesday, February 15, 2017

6 Years!







Yesterday my husband and I celebrated Valentine’s Day and at the same time it was our 6th anniversary as a couple. We became a couple on Valentine’s Day, how practical right? In March we will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. We got married after being together for only one year and one month, but it wasn’t a day too early. I knew he was “the one” after only four months together. We have gone through many struggles and difficulties during our six years as a couple. Unfortunately life on this Earth isn't free of challenges. I’m glad humans can’t see into the future because I don’t think life would be near as wonderful if we knew about all the difficult things we will face each decade.

What I love about my husband is that he always lifts me up when life’s challenges are trying to take me down. He protects me, encourages me and believes in me like nobody else I know. My husband knows me better than anyone else does. Sometimes he knows me better than I even know myself. I’m amazed that he has the patience to put up with all my imperfections and weaknesses, he doesn’t focus on them, he chooses to see what’s beautiful rather than what’s annoying with me.

It’s a beautiful gift to get to share your life with someone who is always there for you, someone you can trust, and someone who is kind to you even on the days you don’t deserve it at all. Love is difficult to live out, but it’s more beautiful than anything else in the whole world.


No comments:

Post a Comment