Monday, January 18, 2016

The Weekend



On Friday I started the weekend with a Date Night at Il Fornello with my husband. I enjoyed a glass of red wine and a very tasty pizza with pesto, grilled chicken, red onions, plum tomatoes and pine nuts.


On Saturday morning I enjoyed being able to relax with a big cup of morning coffee and the newspaper for a long time. The month of December was a busy month so I'm really enjoying that our weekends during January are not booked up. My goal this weekend was to have a slow weekend.


After breakfast I took a walk along the beach by the lake. It was sunny on Saturday so I got a good dosage of the much needed day light.


This time of year it's too cold outside to sit on a park bench and relax, but I still enjoy just being able to be outdoors.


Views like these are what keeps me sane, time in nature is a must-have for me to stay balanced and joyful in life.


After a makeup free Saturday I got all dressed up on Sunday morning and went to church with my husband.


In church we got the chance to listen to a sermon inspiring us to live less selfish lives and we were able to catch up with some friends after the service.


We went to Cora's for brunch on Sunday afternoon and enjoyed some more couple's time. We had brunch at Cora's for the fist time ever on our 3rd date five years ago. I love the wonderful memories that come to mind every time we spend time at Cora's.



I had Eggs Benedict with an extra side of fresh fruit. After brunch we headed to the grocery store to shop all the food for next week. On Sunday evening we continued to relax with dinner at home and some TV shows on Netflix. It became a very relaxing and slow weekend, just the way I like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment