Monday, October 5, 2015

The Toronto Islands






















One fun thing to do in Toronto in the fall is to take the ferryboat out to the islands just outside of Toronto. The view of the Toronto skyline is beautiful from the islands. The lineup to the ferryboats tend to be very long in the summer but in the fall you can get out there more quickly and enjoy spending the day strolling in the parks on the islands. My husband and I had a very nice day on the islands last week, we enjoyed the parks, the sun and the warm weather. The only minus was that there were a lot of bees flying around.

Just when we were about to head back to the ferryboats I felt some pain in my stomach. I lift up my sweater and on my stomach sits a bee that had managed to crawl up under my sweater and sting me. Unbelievable!! I mutter something like: "I'm SO ready for winter to come now, I can't wait for the day when all these bees will DIE!" We take the ferryboat back to downtown and enjoy spending the rest of the day around skyscrapers and people with no insects in sight. I love spending time in nature and I love the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment