Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Healthy Eating in the Summer



On a hot summer day I love to treat myself to an ice cream cone or an iced latte.


I definitely have dessert more often during the summer months than in the winter. I balance up my summer diet by eating more healthy lunches and breakfasts instead.


A protein smoothie or a green juice is my favorite summer breakfast. I love the juices at Juice Generation in New York!


During our trip to New York I treated myself to a green juice and an acai bowl for breakfast. One thing I love about summer is being able to have your breakfast outdoors in the sun.



A healthy lunch at Le Pain Quotidien is another one of my favorite things to treat myself to in New York. Is it just me or is it a lot easier to find tasty healthy food in LA and New York than in most other cities?


The avocado sandwich is easy to make at home when you want a quick and healthy lunch. Toast the bread, spread it with avocado and decorate with vegetables.


It becomes easy to eat healthy in the summer when you can find food trucks that sell organic juices and smoothies on the street.


During summer I love to eat a burger for dinner and have a scoop of ice cream for dessert, a summer with only healthy food would be really, really boring if you ask me.


Of course you also have to treat yourself to a nice summer drink every now and then to celebrate the summer vacation! I love anything with mango or pineapple in it.


Have a joyful summer everyone, fill it with good food, good company and a lot of love! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment