Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My capsule wardrobe for summer


 
1. My black blouse.
 
 
2. My white top.
 
 
3. The black maxi dress.
 

4. My navy blue maxi dress.
 5. The white blazer.

 
6. My black top.
7. My blue skinny jeans.
 
 
8. The white t-shirt.
9. The black cardigan.
10. My black skinny jeans.
 
 
11. My second black maxi dress
 

12. My second black top.


13. The black blazer.
14. The colorful party dress (not pictured).


I used to be one of those women who had a closet full of clothes but you would still hear me say "I've got nothing to wear!" I thought deciding to own less clothes would make me feel a bit deprived but surprisingly I haven't felt like that at all. I find it's very freeing to live with less stuff in general. My closet is very organized now that I have less clothes in it and I always have something nice to wear. I'm able to get ready in half the time that I used to spend on getting ready, since I no longer have to try on many different outfits.

My goal is to live with only 50 pieces of clothing, counting all my clothes, accessories, shoes and jackets but not counting my socks or lingerie. Today I stick to only seven different favorite accessories. I have two different pairs of shoes per season and two jackets per season. I have about 14 different pieces of clothing in my capsule wardrobe for each season. Some of my clothes I wear during more than one season. My two blazers for example I wear all four seasons of the year, the same goes for my workout clothes.

Having less clothes means I consume less and live greener, I save money and can afford higher quality pieces of clothing. I don't have to do a lot of laundry since I have so few pieces of clothing in my closet. My favorite thing about having a minimalist closet is the freedom it gives me in life. I want to live free!

No comments:

Post a Comment