Saturday, May 16, 2015

Growing Spiritually





Today I watched Craig Groeschel interview Carl Lentz and Kevin Durant about what we can do to grow spiritually. Just like with anything else in life spiritual growth doesn't happen by itself, we need to work at it. Kevin Durant suggests reading your Bible at a regular basis, praying and making sure you surround yourself with good people in your life. The right relationships are important if you want to grow.


Carl Lentz explains that dishonesty is one of the most common problems that hinder us from growing. Sometimes you can find an attitude among Christians that is like: "show your best,hide the rest". If we aren't honest about our struggles we can't overcome them. We have to start by being honest and admitting to ourselves and others where we often fail, once we know our weaknesses we can work on those areas and become better. Nobody is perfect and that's okay! :)


Craig Groeschel gives us the advice to choose one word that sums up the goal we want to reach this year. If we try to reach many different goals at the same time we often fail, but if we narrow it all down to just once word it's a lot easier to succeed. I like this advice. When I thought about this strategy I decided "outreach" is going to be my one-word-goal for the rest of this year. I've been spending a lot of time on acquiring more wisdom and knowledge for the past three years, now I want my focus to be on reaching out to those who are in need. I'm so excited to see what new opportunities God will bring into my life in the year to come. I'm ready to put my passion to use! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment