Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Stay you





Most of us remember our childhood days as a time when we were free and able to explore the world. We were happy and care-free. As we grow up we learn more and more about the world's tough expectations on us. We learn that we are expected to dress a certain way if we want to fit in, behave a certain way and talk a certain way. We learn to change ourselves to fit that mold, even if it's a really uncomfortable mold to squeeze ourselves into sometimes. We do it because although we wish we could be accepted and loved for who we really are, it's more important to survive out there in the world. We can't risk not being accepted by others, so we do what we need to do to fit in, and somewhere along the way we loose ourselves. We are no longer happy and care-free, the world has us locked in.


I think this scenario is what most of us go through, but then there are those out there who find a way to stay true to who they are. People who decide they aren't going to let other people's expectations and opinions compromise their personal beliefs. People who have the courage and strength to stand up for themselves and say: "this is who I am and I'm happy being me, I'm not going to let you make me believe that I need to change myself to be good enough for this world." Moriah Peters is a young lady who has done that, she found the strength to stay true to herself. I find her story really inspiring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment