Thursday, February 5, 2015

Lasting love



Last week my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. I'm so proud of my parents for taking care of each other through all the years and for hanging in there through both good times and bad. They have given me such a good example for what a happy marriage can look like.


Me and my husband bought a Canadian wedding cake for my parents' anniversary and as we were celebrating them I asked my Mom what her advice is for lasting love. My mother answered that she thinks having a very good friendship at the base of the relationship is very important. She said that the passion comes and goes but the close friendship is what always remains and keeps you together. Knowing that even when you are having a bad day and aren't being so nice, you are with someone who understands you and will love you regardless. I can only agree with my mother's advice. It's like the saying: "when we deserve love the least, we need it the most."

No comments:

Post a Comment